Everything on model trains, model railroads, model railways, locomotives, model train layouts, scenery, wiring, DCC and more. Enjoy the world's best hobby... model railroading!

Brand New! Just Released! 15 Background City Buildings To Download and Build

Track and Circuit Control

Derek asks:

“Hi folks I am looking for anyone who knows the right name for the joining pins that go between a track controller and a circuit controller. I am looking for the joining pins that go between Hornby 900 track controller to the Hornby 910 circuit controller so the circuit controller can power trains around the track. Cheers guys”

3 Responses to Track and Circuit Control

  • David Stokes says:

    Most semi serious model train buff solder the wires from the controller to the track rather than rely on the proprietary fixture you refer to.

    If you are new to model railways I also recommend you don’t buy anything until you have thought about the sort of railway you want to build – dimensions, scale, whether DC or DCC, are you a roundyround sort of guy or does shunting wagons float your boat. Knowing these givens and druthers will raise your enjoyment level by a factor of ten

    READ THE LITERATURE! – Yes, I’m yelling at you, and for the sake of your wallet and you sanity.

    Read Model Railroader in the USA, three excellent monthly’s in Britain (BRM,Model Rail and Railway Modeller) , and the AMRM down under.

    Model Railroader has a predictable pattern in its articles – December is about new products, special deals and planning, January further planning of a project railway which travels month by month to completion. BRM and Model Rail are great for newbies, Railway Modeller is a bit more journal like. AMRM is the only modelling mag of note in Oz and is unpredictable in its content relying as it does on voluntary staff and contributors.

  • Nigel says:

    I enjoy a googling challenge but, sadly, this one got the better of me as I guess it did of you!

    I did have a Hammant & Morgan circuit controller in the 1970s and it came with a couple of what looked like brass rods with rounded ends and about 1 inch long which fitted into holes in the side and into corresponding holes on the main power unit. As H&M was bought by Hornby, I presume what you have is much the same.

    In all honesty, I would resort to improvisation as it’ll probably be quicker than trying to find out what they’re called, let alone find anyone who still has them in stock. If you have digital calipers then you could measure the diameter of the hole and then try either brass rod or a round nail (with the head & pointy end cut off) with a slightly smaller diameter which should work. Once the two units are mated together, you’ll never know the difference.

    Sorry I couldn’t be of more help but hope this gives you some ideas.

    • Derek Scott says:

      Thanks Nigel just when I thought I was going to think given up hope you came along will give the nail a go through about myself thought no harm done as I was not getting any use other than working lights of it cheers derek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add a photo or image related to your comment (JPEG only)


Download Your Free Catalog

Use Tiny Railroad Micro Controllers

N Scale Track Plans

Watch Video

Model Train Help Ebook

Model Train DCC HELP


FREE Tour Inside Club

Take a FREE tour inside the club.

Scenery Techniques Explained

Scenery & Layout Ideas

Model Railroading Blog Archive

Reader Poll

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.